Sitting at the pool in West Palm Beach Florida on March 17th, I looked around and was grateful for being there. News was starting to get more and more serious about the pandemic and lockdowns looked immenent.
Sitting here today, May 31, 2002 about 2 1/2 months later, the world is a much different place. (And it looks to be changing again after the George Floyd murder).
So, what have I learned over the past 10 weeks of being “quarantined?” (I put it in quotes because I’m not sick, but we’re in some sort of preemptive quarantine). Here’s the top 10 list:
- We can save about $1000 per month by not going to restaurants
- Puzzles are fun for about 3 days
- I can sit and do nothing and be ok
- I don’t trust the media at all, probably less than the Government
- I’m learning to appreciate quality time with family
- People can be very irrational
- Fear rules most people’s lives
- My day-to-day is really not that different in non-pandemic times
- I played the guitar and drums about the same or maybe a little more than usual
- The world will never be the same and perhaps better?
Quarantine 2020 Shot Glass!
Limited style – “Quarantine 2020” shot glass
I made this shot glass as a fun little diversion and keepsake for this unusual situation.
Now I need to go get my free coffee from Panera.