Today is the 4th annual Rock The Heart benefit, which is organized by the Fox Valley Heart Foundation. It’s an awesome event that has been held each year at Ballydoyle’s Aurora.
The Fund focuses on increasing awareness and education through community outreach programs and public workshops related to cardiovascular risk reduction topics.
It has been my privilege to perform each year with whatever band I’m in at the time. This year, Lincoln Don’t Lie will be performing from 7-8:30pm and we plan on being extra rowdy tonight!!
One of my startup companies, MileFork has donated a boatload of decals (thanks Mark!).
On the front lines today in Adwords and Bing. Here are some quick lessons learned (observed) while managing the MileFork search engine marketing effort:
- Clicks come in waves.
- Ad quality indicator doesn’t represent absolute truth.
- Non-transactional visitors spend about 1-3 minutes on landing page.
- Google Adwords has added many features for managing campaigns since two years ago.
- After pausing a Bing campaign, it will take another 24 hours to start serving once resumed.
- Creating multiple groups within a campaign will help test the strength of a the ad copy.
- Capitalize Each Word Of the Ad. Use One Exclamation Point!
- Ad text should capture keywords, qualify visitor and inspire call to action.
- Test, Analyze, Refine, Repeat.
- Once you’ve refined a campaign in Adwords, you can import into Bing.
Katie Lewis created this great background for the MileFork Twitter profile.